Friday, March 19, 2010

Woman God and Ishq: a face book dialogue; Unedited

Do not follow Nanak if you do not want to be Nanak. (Zaati naal je zaati rallia, tad baahoo naam sadaaein hoo!) Don't believe in God if you don't want to be God. (Braham Giani Braham te oocha) And if Nanak to you means only a person you have seen on calendars , you can prepare for a lifetime of wasteful waiting.


And as for women-- ah, what a beautiful way of reducing a woman to a mere appendage of Man. My sister, my mother, my daughter, my wife!!! And nothing else.A woman as woman has no existence! Please free woman after all these centuries of her being defined merely as someone to you.Says Nanak"Nanak Bhandde baahihra, eko saacha soyi."



And a woman needs no lessons from you or me how to be a great mother, a great daughter ( by which I do not mean a daughter who cares for her ghar ki izzat but as a perosn who loves her parents) a great sister and everything. So leave her alone to look after these aspects. Just adore her, sing hymns to her beauty and grace and goodness.

And a woman needs no lessons from you or me how to be a great mother, a great daughter ( by which I do not mean a daughter who cares for her ghar ki izzat but as a perosn who loves her parents) a great sister and everything. So leave her alone to look after these aspects. Just adore her, sing hymns to her beauty and grace and goodness. There are only two ways we can be romantic and both are equally divine: be a God intoxicated man or a woman intoxicated man. A Nanak or a Ranjha. Often, one can lead to the other. No coincidence that the greatest poetry in any language pertains to these two themes only.

Do anything you wish with the theme of woman but do not inflict the ultimate insult of quoting guru nanak to defend the mullas, the purohits aand jathedars. My mother is of course someone I am proud of, even of her memory. If there is one thing I will ever ask God (if I meet Him before or after death!!) it would be to place me at the feet of my mother again, and let me live there for eternity. But I love my mother not just as my mother. I worship her first of all as a woman. She was a great person who happened to be "my mother" and not "my mother who happened to be a great woman."



A woman is as beautiful an image of God worthy of unquestioning love as you are.Iif yu are scared of loving her as woman, go join Mullahs, Jathedaars and Purohits. They also can't see a woman for a woman but only as an appendage to man. I celebrate woman as I celebrate God. And love is not for cowards. "Bulla Shah da ishq baghela, rat peenda, goshat charda/ Koi Puccho khaan dilbar ki karda."


As for Bulle Shah and Ranjha and Nanak, well, if you see a difference there, you see more than I can."( Chetak la deewana hoyia/ Laila ban ke Majnu mohia/ Aape roya, aape dhoya/ Kahi keeti rushnaayee je/ Aape hain tu saajan sayyiaan/ Akal daleelan sabh uth gayyaan/ Bull Shan ne khushiaan layyiaan, Hun karda kiyon Judai je"

There are only two ways we can be romantic and both are equally divine: be a God intoxicated man or a woman intoxicated man. A Nanak or a Ranjha. Often, one can lead to the other. No coincidence that the greatest poetry in any language pertains to these two themes only


Aap apni budh hai jeti, varnan bhi bhin kiyo teti, .......And what makes you think that the woman in my poetry refers to ishq mijaazi and the same woman in bulle shah becomes ishq haqiqi ... shocked that i should compare myself with bulla ? First of all, why not? And secondly, I am not doing it. I am only talking of ishq as an experience.

Comment · UnlikeLike
You, Brijinder Rakhra and Seema Grewal like this.
Brijinder Rakhra and Seema Grewal like this.
View all 4 comments
×Harcharan Bains 4 hours ago
@ Seema: its a big question. and i will try and reply it as well as I can. But for the moment, put briefly, poetry is a fusion of experience, imaganition and a natural vibing of the internal rytham of our being with the external rytham of nature -- and this vibing has to have a vehicle, which is the art and skill of writing both evocatively and … Read Moremusically. But as for experience, yes, it has a place, and a very strong one--- but not in the sense of having to fall actually in love with a concrete living object at the time of writing. There is recall from our experrience in life at any given time, and our observation of experience of others. But quite frankly, no one tell what sugar tastes like without actually tasting it. Experience of course in irreplaceable but not in the flat sense in which some of our reades and other people seem to believe. All poets are lovers but all lovers are not necesarily poets . Poetry is love raised to the level of divinity or a passion. It is a bit complicated Seema, and probably requires a long answer, preferably a longish lecture opr conversation, interaction. I will get back to you on tis when we talk next. But yes, it will be good if we meet sometime.


Harcharan Bains about an hour ago
A woman is as beautiful an image of God worthy of unquestioning love as you are.Iif yu are scared of loving her as woman, go join Mullahs, Jathedaars and Purohits. They also can't see a woman for a woman but only as an appendage to man. I celebrate woman as I celebrate God. And love is not for cowards. "Bulla Shah da ishq baghela, rat peenda, goshat charda/ Koi Puccho khaan dilbar ki karda."

Comment · UnlikeLike
You like this.
×Pb To 51 minutes ago
Who is scared of loving a woman........its just diff of perceptions .......when was the last time that Mullahs, Jathedars and Purohits said that dont celebrate woman..they just say dont forget that woman is not there just for your celebration...Nature has not blessd them with the beauty only ....Says Nanak"Nanak Bhandde baahihra, eko saacha soyi."


Saada kamm hai ishq, koi hor naahi,
Saanu ishq da he buss chaa charhiaa, /
Je na ishq vichon he rab labbha,
Vich Mandiraan masjidaan ki dharia./
Ik pal beh saade kol arhia


My truths laugh loudly .. and I laugh freely and joyfully with them . Truth does not have a long face, and you can recognise truth on the street by the sparkle in its eye. "

Bandiya sach albelrha, tak akh vich paa ke akh,/
Mijaazi kar mohabbataan, vich nam khumaari rakh"


×Harcharan Bains 38 minutes ago
@ iqbal Singh ji, Seema, Neena ji -- Thanks a lot. I am truly touched, and frankly, I needed your kind words.

×Swaran Singh 8 minutes ago
Love is not for the cowards, agreed. Love is for those who can truly lose themselves to someone (or something) other than themselves - an attribute of the really brave

×Pb To 3 hours ago
U R abso rite.......Aap apni budh hai........but prob is that I have never commented on ur poetry or ishq mazazi or ishz hakiki....pls have a look again....my comment was on mr baljit balli's comment about kudrat kepping 50% of beauty with itself after bestowing 50% on woman...



Comment
×Harcharan Bains 6 hours ago

You, Neena Uppal and Seema Grewal like this.
Neena Uppal and Seema Grewal like this.
×Seema Grewal 8 minutes ago
wow......
Thats why i hate...using the word...MRS ..so and so....
And changing the surname after marriage.....why not a woman be recognized by her name,her existence....her Surname...which she has lived since her birth....can anybody change the blood and genes ...which are circulating in her blood....after her marriage.....?

Comment

No comments: