Monday, July 30, 2012

FOR HAZEL: Only a man ( or a woman) who has seen love in all its violence can experience it in all its innocence...Those who outlast the a storm know it.


:      Radha, Meera or Rukmani... these are all faces of woman in love, equally lovable....But Sammy Gill I would still rather be a man than a woman to experience the wonder , the glory and the grandeur of being in love with a woman....As a man, its my destiny to lift this grandeur to a level from where it never dips nor loses its glow in boredom and dreariness of mundane living.To me, life is a great gift; we need to bring it to a great mood and sustain it there. Fortunately or unfortunately, I got enough years at my back to be able to proclaim that mine is not a teenager's flicker of fleeting infatuation but an abiding glow of love. And I am not even talking about love for A PARTICULAR woman. I am enough of a worn out, old man and enough of a man of the world to have known that even petty materialistic pursuits are no excuse for giving up on the grandeur of love. I am not exactly in my thirteenth year nor unfamiliar with what some call 'the harsh realities of life. I see no contradiction between my "mundane work and social duties" on the one hand and the awesome magnificence of love on the other. I stop here, before taking off into realms of the infinite........

 

 Only a man ( or a woman) who has seen love in all its violence can experience it in all its innocence...Those who outlast the a storm know it. I find myself annoyed with myself for pitying those who flaunt little worldly pebbles as souvenirs of success, allowing their cowardice to steer them away from the magnificence of storms. They miss the pearls of the deep for the flotsam they gather to last them through the winter of fear. But what a pity that those who gather flotsam should be known as realistic achievers and the pearl gatherers as dreamers and "philosophizers". My mother once asked me to always display some materialistic flotsam at my door so that my pearls are not seen as souvenirs of worldly failures ..."Not that it matters", she said, "but it might help some blind see pearls for pearls and flotsam for flotsam." ..I passed a few exams and took up a few jobs in deference to her quiet guidance. "Now that you have them, you will also know when to cast them away," she had smiled at me once. She did not dreams and daring were mere "philosphizing"......

No comments: