Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I battle as a warrior but smile as a lover and then play and laugh like a little child

  • I like keeping myself happy with such child-like innocent little indulgences, generally resisting the temptation to look for conspiracies or negative trends in everything around me... there is something about life and nature which compels an attitude of simplicity - taking things on their face value and laughing with every little leaf and petal that flutters on the way .. you may call it a lack of sufficient seriousness or of social responsibility in me, but I am amused even by the so called profound political issues and developments that I am generally at the center of -- I am enjoying being in the middle of dense cross fires everyday, and yet refusing to lose my capacity for fun. I battle as a warrior but smile as a lover and then play and laugh like a little child even with my opponents. Rarely do i make an effort to study closely what our political rivals are doing, but when I have to as a part of my job, then too I find them and heir obsessions quite entertaining, and I am able to laugh both with and at them in the manner of a complete outsider. you might have noticed that even when storms are raging around me, and many of those storms I have to meet head on, I keep myself occupied with issues that have nothing to do with these things. Sometime later, I might write about all this but right now, I am studiously refusing to use any of my personal and social activities such as FB in promoting my own, my government's or my party's interests. It was like this even when I was engaged in those hectic FB discussions -- which I did out of my intellectual convictions rather than my professional compulsions; but I know there will be very few takers for this claim. Neither do i need takers - I enjoyed that phase, and having enjoyed it thoroughly, i have moved on. To do tht now would seem pretty vacuous. You could say that I am in the thick of politics and am yet an outsider: it is a question of how I feel about and conduct myself in my worka nd environ. (In a lighter vien and only if u don't mind, I may be gliding/hrtling (??) towards Lord Krishan's ideal of detached involvement. When i see many of my ex-detractors fretting and fuming with one another and with others, I feel a sense of loss even regarding them, though they may neither realise it nor agree with me on this. I brought it up only because i know you will understnd this, and that matters a lot to me. Our own equation has been a major gain for me personally over the past couple of years or so......we will talk sometime later, got to attend to some routine issue that jut cropped up at work (Yes, sir, we are at work still.) Love and regards...

    about an hour ago · Like · 1

  • DrNirmal S Dhallu I agree that one has to keep the balance in life. For me also FB provides welcome stress relief from high risk environment of futures trading. Most of the time my comments are on the lighter side of life than the serious .......


  • No comments: