Friday, January 29, 2010

TO MY MASTER WHO SOWED A STORM AND NOW PRAISES ME FOR REAPING IT

Sir, this is unfair and makes me feel small. No student must ever be made to hear this, although every student in his early arrogance does like to hear precisely this. Long years repalce arrogance with acknowledgement of one's humble truth. And the torrent that you call a roar , you would recall, is nothing but the legacy of those years of Destiny when I was your student, when you first picked me out to pat me on my back. That day has never gone from my mind, and I have spent the rest of my life trying to build upon the love that a stranger of a teacher had showered on me on the very first day of my meeting him. Not everyone is as lucky as I was in having a teacher who insisted with me that I was good. ( And you are still doing the same thing with me, sir; neither have you given up being my teacher nor have I being your disciple. Take me in again, and teach me like you first did.Only I know how invaluable a wealth being a student of a Master is. Breaking rules and loving turbulence is what you had sowed in me; you can perhaps say that I have not allowed the plant to wither.(Or at least I have tried to keep it green and flourishing. That graduation student is still alive.) But how could I do otherwise! A superior gardner had shaped my years of learning. I am right what I was when you first told me what I had to be. - Harcharan

No comments: