Monday, January 4, 2010

Expectations others have of us are a burden to the weak, but an impetus to the brave.

Love may not be God,
but it’s the only language He speaks.

(INSPIRED BY THE COMMENT BY CHITLEEN TO THE PREVIOUS POSTING)
This kind of response can only help one be aware of the vast gap between the expectations one's words can raise in others and the strength one needs to meet those expectations. But looked at differently, the expectations others have of us are a burden to the weak but an impetus to the brave and the gifted. The days to come will unfold which I category I belong to. For the moment though, I must confess to an experience of being equal to God ( which all of us are) and of being transported to heights from where even God can be smiled at patronizingly. I can not lay any claim to saintliness but, yes, I am Love - every bone, pore and breath of my being. And so is everyone I know, and everyone knows it, except that ( may be) love enacts its own playful and naughty games before it blesses you. Those who think there are things in life more important than love are yet to be blessed by the glow of life. Even a grave, if it could speak, would refuse to accept a man with a loveless heart for a grave a resting place only for those who have toiled, sweated and enjoyed the sweet labour of love. A grave is the final abode of the living, not of those who were always dead.
But then, there is no such thing as a loveless heart on earth; there are only those who are afraid to pay the wages of love. And they are afraid because they have not experienced the joys of endless giving, the greater joys of being able to make fools of themselves, of being cheated with willing consent. Do you think the saint who pretended to be asleep while his guest stole his only blanket at night was being foolish ? If yes, I pray to whatever power there is above us to grant me the courage to make a fool of mysel like this. Giving is the music that love produces at the merest touch; and love itself is the symphony of all creation. Love is God and his Creation lost in a duet. ( Okay, not love but energy, and not His creation but simply matter, if you prefer !) Love may not be God, but I do not anything else that is. And love may not be God, but it’s the only language he speaks. Love -- boundless, untrammeled, unconditional, unspoken yet sung aloud: that is the language He speaks. Said Guru Nanak :"Bhaakhia bhau apaar" (Only Love that transcends all limits is the language He speaks).
And do I need assistance to write a book? A book is the collective energy of the writer and everyone and everything he has known and experienced. A writer is like mother: his pregnancy is through someone else -- some "one" or many others. But if I produce a book at this mental age, wouldn't I be a child mother! Don't I need to grow before I can have a progeny clinging to my bosom for milk of life!

1 comment:

Chitleen said...

..You make my task more difficult with each post.
I cannot match the divine dance that your mind does with words.
And what thoughts..kamaal hai.
I check your blog now at least twice a day to see if anything new has been posted.
..and thats not expecting much from someone who seems to breathe in questions and breathe out answers.
As far as your "readiness" to write a book is concerned, I think you are more than ready. Its all there. Just needs to be written down.
I recall what you wrote in an earlier post..about words. How they become useless once they have conveyed the meaning.. I think the time has come to set the boats sailing.. without wondering about where they'll reach.
All the best.