Wednesday, February 2, 2011

We must choose our own fires to purge us

And a kindly voice spoke from the distant temple."The answer, my dearest, lies in listening to the words of the holy, to the word of our father and of our holy mother." Hazel's son was briefly comforted but the shadows came back to speak to him again in his own voice. "We all must choose our own fires to purge us of our sins. I am seeking mine.Holy words perhaps are the cooling after shower once the fire has purged us. Before that, these are cold comfort at worst and self deception at best. I must cleanse myself enough to deserve to utter the pure name. And the day I deserve it, I will be able to see it clearly, because it will be written in soothing light on my father's face, even after she may have left this world"

No comments: