Monday, March 7, 2011

o be of any value, immortality must keep me interested,

To be of any value, immortality must keep me interested, and how can it do so if it is frozen into a fixity!

If immortality means living for all times to come with the same person I have always known as me , how many would really want it? I would then probably have to cast a stone into the mirror to make it behave like a kaleidescope. May be thats precisely what death does - cast a stone into the mirror to create new patterns by changing the old. The only immortality that can excite me is the one that defies a definition in an endlessly unpredictable shifting patterns. I too have to keep appearing and disappearing - with the teasing uncertainty about reappearance -- to keep me engaged with the show. Hence, the kaleidoscope. To be of any value, immortality must keep me interested, and how can it do so if it is frozen into a fixity!

I experience boundless humility and happiness in the presence of God as I see him spread out in nature but none at all before the common image of God as a confused tin-pot dictator unable to decide what he wants to be: a cold and brutal hangman or an affectionate and all forgiving lover. God better make up his mind before the increasingly awakened children of this planet completely abandon him.

No comments: