Sunday, February 7, 2010

MOTES WILL BE MOTES,
AND NEVER SHALL LIGHT UNITE THEM.Amen!

I am somewhat baffled that you saw our conversation as an argument or a contest. I never sensed a dialectic. We were talking about different faces of the one godhead. Argument arises from assertion not from an unembellished narration of one’s state of being in that moment. I hope I didn’t assert, much less dismiss.

I do not see any paradox in dancing with my many conflicting shadows. Changing seasons don’t question one other; spring doesn’t recoil in horror at the sterile autumn. The colours of the spectrum, all contained in white, are still different colours arching together in the rain swept sky. Entities stand alone, self sufficient but each a manifestation of the One. Wilde said that the true mystery of the world was the visible not the invisible. In an existent so at one with itself, how can one thing be of lower or higher validity than another?

I neither sabre rattle nor surrender my arms- I carry none. I will walk far to sit with you in the shade of a tree where a light breeze gently touches my face. I will speak only when I have the urge. We should be comfortable with each other’s silences.

We should now change the subject!

RAJIV MUDGAL
LONDON, FEBRUARY 1,2002



....i have enjoyed every word that has been written in this post.
And since mr bains did not heed to rajiv ji s request of changing the subject...i think i ll do it.
You guys are brilliant and should get together to write a book..
Why not give something in return to this world from which you both seem to have derived enough orgasms..intellectual or otherwise.

Chitleen ...
February 2, 2010 1:30 PM

Rajiv, since boh of us insist on saying the same thing in different words - and one of us insists that only the other is disagreeing - I think the only way to express agreement is through silence ( if even that works.)Hence, here!

Quite another matter that I am somewhat of a braggart and like to carry my sabre --a bit of a stray dog (Eliot's ?) who likes to show that he likes to be feared while what he really wants is to be loved. I have never been ashamed of my untruths and of my pretentions -- and hope to God that I shall never be.If we seek truth and do not find it, there is some solace in sticking proudly to falsehood as your standard. That is also a religion and I have no intention of either changng or denying my religion. But, as is my wont , I have run out of steam -- or call it "inspiration" -- and have been flung back into the rut called ordinariness. (Okay, ordinariness is also a face of God. So no issues. But I am bored. )

Hope our meeting -- hopefully in a London cool breeze early next week will help me.

And thanks, Chitleen, for putting up for this long. I know how how hard it must be to put up with a fake. I know because I have put up with myself all these years.

Harcharan Bains....
February 9, 2010 11:20 AM

3 comments:

Rajiv Mudgil said...

I can think of a few choice words to throw at you but 'fake' does not make it to that repertoire- will never do.
I do look forward to seeing you in London next week. I hope you choose to spend a decent length of time here.

Chitleen, thank you for your kind words- even though not fully deserved.

Chitleen said...

Rajiv ji,
please do forgive me for my unfairness. I admit you did not deserve that comment.
it was my first impulsive response to the whole conversation you and mr bains were having. I m sorry.

Rajiv Mudgil said...

Chiteen
I sincerely thanked you for complimenting me more than I deserved. You were not unfair to me in any way and need not apologise at all. If anything, your interest gave some validity to the ravings of two madcaps knocking at the doors of senility. You have my gratitude for that. Please be assured that there was no offence taken because there was none to take.

Regards